Terms & Conditions
Leisure Link Golf Holidays is a trading name of Leisure Link Promotions Limited.
Book with Confidence, Member of ABTA
ABTA membership Leisure Link Promotions Ltd is a Member of ABTA with membership number W1589. ABTA and ABTA Members help holidaymakers to get the most from their travel and assist them when things do not go according to plan. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. For further information about ABTA, the Code of Conduct and the arbitration scheme available to you if you have a complaint, contact ABTA,30 Park Street, London, SE1 9EQ Tel: 020 3117 0500 or http://www.abta.com/
We carefully check the information regarding accommodation, resort services, ferries, and golfing arrangements, to ensure the accuracy of this information (including prices), within brochures, newsletters, quotations, promotional material and throughout our website, however regrettably errors and changes can occasionally occur. Leisure Link regrets any possible inconvenience this may cause and would advise you to check the details of your trip and the prices before confirming your booking. We reserve the right to increase the prices of any holidays / short breaks advertised before you book. Price changes will be clearly advised to you before you confirm your booking. Any subsequent reduction in prices due to special offers will not apply to confirmed bookings.
Unless otherwise stated, hotel prices shown are based on standard grade double or twin-bedded rooms with breakfast. Single rooms and half board are almost always at an additional cost. Apartment prices are usually based on the maximum persons an apartment/villa can accommodate. Where there are fewer persons low occupancy supplements will apply and will be confirmed by our reservations staff upon booking. Your accommodation is usually reserved for you from 4 pm, on the day of your arrival. In most cases, rooms must be vacated by 12 noon on the last day of your holiday. (Times referred to above are local times) Any star ratings shown in this brochure are the official local ratings for each property. They do not always provide a consistent guide to quality and cannot be compared from country to country. Most resorts have introduced a ‘Taxe de Sejour’ tourist tax. This usually only amounts to a few Euros per person per day and is payable locally. The safety standards and regulations overseas are those of the country in question but regrettably, may not reach the same level as those in the UK. The monitoring, enforcement and compliance with these local regulations are a matter for the authorities of that country and the supplier of the services concerned. Please therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect yourself and your party whilst on holiday. Please remember that some amenities (e.g. hotel lifts, swimming pools, games rooms, etc.) require servicing and cleaning and may, therefore, not be available at all times. Some services are also affected by the weather conditions (e.g. availability of outdoor swimming pools, sports facilities etc.) and their availability is at the discretion of the provider of the service. Entertainment provided by hotels is frequently subject to demand and its nature and frequency may be varied if there is a lack of demand or insufficient clients in the hotel. Where rooms have TV we cannot guarantee how many channels will be operating or that they will be in English.
On self-drive holidays there is no limit to the amount of baggage you may take in your car. However some companies charge supplements for over height or longer vehicles. By air, the allowance for luggage varies and it is advisable to check any individual allowance with your airline at the time of booking. Most airlines now levy a charge for the carriage of golf clubs and sports equipment, again Leisure Link suggest that you check these costs prior to the confirmation of your flights. There is usually no baggage allowance for children under 2 years of age.
Travel and Vehicle Documents
Travel documents will normally be forwarded to you 7-10 days prior to your departure, provided that the balance of your account has been settled in full. Please ensure that your passport is valid for the countries to be visited with the appropriate visa if required. Always check with your doctor as to which inoculations are advisable or necessary well before you travel. You should also refer to the Department of Health leaflet ‘The Traveller’s Guide to Health’. A full valid driving licence is required for driving in Europe, you should also ensure that you have your registration document and international insurance certificate with you.
Children’s discounts are provided at selected resorts and are available on request. Junior fees are charged at a number of golf courses and are available on request.
We will only accept special requests in writing. Under no circumstances can we guarantee that such requests will be granted or that the hotel or transport company has, or is able, to provide the requested facility. At Leisure Link we endeavour to provide the highest level of service to our customers. However, we believe it is only right to point out that we are not a specialist tour operator in the field of holidays for the disabled and suggest you contact one of the specialist agencies for advice.
Planning Your Holiday
We advise you to plan your journey carefully. When arranging crossing times, please ensure that you allow sufficient driving time in order to reach your destination at the correct time. We cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred due to your late arrival at either a hotel or golf courses. It is essential that you advise the hotel by telephone if you plan to arrive after 6 p.m. (local time) We advise you to plan your journey carefully. When arranging crossing times, please ensure that you allow sufficient driving time in order to reach your destination at the correct time. We cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred due to your late arrival at either a hotel or golf courses. It is essential that you advise the hotel by telephone if you plan to arrive after 6 p.m. (local time)
Please note that during public holidays and festivals you may find that many shops, museums and restaurants are closed.
Cross Channel Routes
We recognise that every minute of your holiday is valuable and we therefore recommend crossings that are most suited to your itinerary. The self drive holiday prices shown are based on a standard sized car, based on 4 adults sharing and travelling via Eurotunnel. You should reserve your outward and return journeys at the time of booking. Tickets are not interchangeable between carriers.
Should you wish to travel on any of the other cross channel routes, we will be pleased to quote the supplements payable along with the cost of cabin accommodation if required.
Green Fee Reservations
- Green fee requirements should be advised when booking your holiday via the telephone or email.
- In most cases your green fee vouchers and itineraries will be sent with your tickets and travel documents. Green fee vouchers will only be valid for the date and time shown. Normally they are not transferable and refunds are not possible, unless the course concerned is closed, so we can make the necessary refund.
- Due to the increase in popularity of golf in Europe, some clubs now have particular days and times for visitors. We will do everything possible to confirm your requested golf programme, but cannot guarantee booking for specific days and times. If for any reason a course should not be available, we reserve the right to provide you with the nearest possible alternative.
- At most courses, it is normal practice when busy, to play as “four-balls”. Golfers booking for less than four may be teamed up as necessary.
- Most overseas golf courses require handicap certificates. It is your responsibility to obtain one before your departure from the UK and to carry it when necessary.
- Although the courses are inspected prior to completing this brochure, their actual playing condition may vary from time to time. Leisure Link cannot be held responsible for the condition during your holiday.
- The majority of European golf courses require players to have soft spikes and we advise these should be fitted before your departure. They can also be fitted at the local course for a small charge.
- Pre-booked buggies are payable directly by clients on arrival at the golf course unless stated.
Travel Insurance is essential when you’re travelling as it provides protection against financial loss resulting from your trip being cancelled or delayed, theft of valuables, medical expenses and even legal or personal liability expenses you may incur whilst on your holiday. Most comprehensive travel insurance policies include an emergency assistance element to ensure that you are cared for and returned home in the event of a medical emergency. We strongly recommend that you and all members of your party are adequately insured as soon as you book your holiday. Indeed it is a condition of booking that you must have insurance cover for your holiday and we therefore request that you advise us of your insurance policy details prior to travel. If you or any member of your party have any medical condition(s) you must tell us before you book or when the condition arises after you have booked and prior to departure. We may ask for detailed medical information and as a result we have the right not to accept your booking or cancel your booking without charge.
Fair Trading Agreement
When you book with Leisure Link we want you to be satisfied and that you’ll book with us again next year. Our Fair Trading Agreement and Holiday Information set out clearly and simply the responsibilities we have to you and which in return you have to us when a contract is made between us. The contract is made when you make a booking request and we accept it by written confirmation on the terms set out in the above Terms and Conditions. Your obligation is to pay the price of the holiday and recognise your liabilities if you wish to alter the holiday or have a cancellation. On our part we have obligations to provide you with the holiday you have booked. Our specification of that holiday and our terms are clearly stated within this website. This Fair Trading Agreement and the following Terms and Conditions apply to all holidays sold from this website.
- Your contract with us Once you book your holiday with us these terms and conditions form the basis of the agreement between the client and Leisure Link Promotions Limited, trading as Leisure Link Golf Holidays International.
- Payments – You pay a deposit A deposit of £50 per person must be paid at the time of booking. We reserve the right to ask for additional amounts if we need to book and pay for travel arrangements in full at the time of booking your holiday. On receipt of your deposit which is treated as part payment of your holiday we will issue both a booking confirmation and invoice. This will indicate the exact date by which the balance must be paid.
- You pay the balance The balance of your holiday cost must be paid no later than eight weeks before the holiday departure date. Bookings made less than eight weeks before departure must be paid in full at the time of booking. If the balance is not paid by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your holiday, retain your deposit and apply cancellation charges as set out in section 4. A surcharge of 2% will be charged on balances when using all major credit cards, (with the exception of AMEX, where a surcharge of 4% will be levied). There are no charges on debit cards.
- Changes to the departure date of your booking If after your confirmation has been issued, you wish to change to another of our current year’s holidays, or change departure date we will do our utmost to make the changes. We will require written notification from the event organiser at least eight weeks before the departure date of the original holiday. This must be accompanied by a payment of £20 per person. For any alterations received within eight weeks prior to departure, cancellation charges will apply as in Section 7.
- Changes to the itinerary If after your confirmation has been issued and the deposit has been paid, you decide that you would like to change this, i.e. amend golf times, hotels, Channel crossing times etc, an amendment fee of £10.00 per person will be levied, per change.
- Additional amendment charges We will endeavour to provide you with a high quality of service and would request that any buggies, trolleys, meals, etc are requested at the time of booking. If these are requested within 8 weeks of your departure we will levy a £10.00 administration fee, however as payment for these services are required locally Leisure Link will not accept liability if these services are not provided by the supplier.
- Cancellation charges If you cancel your Holiday You or any other member of your party may cancel your holiday at any time provided that the cancellation is made by the person who is responsible for confirming the booking with Leisure Link. This must be communicated to us in writing. We will retain your deposit and, in addition, apply cancellation charges up to the maximum amounts shown below:- (a) In the event of cancellations more than 8 weeks prior to the date of travel, the deposit will be forfeited plus any costs incurred by us.(b) For cancellations received 8 weeks prior to travel, the charge will be 100% of the total holiday cost. Note: If the reason for the cancellation is covered under the terms and conditions of an insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
- If you have a complaint If you have a complaint during your holiday, please inform your local representative, hotelier or Leisure Link who will endeavour to resolve the matter immediately. If they are unable to assist you please notify us, in writing, within 28 days of your return. We will not accept liability in respect of claims after this period. Your complaints should be addressed to: Leisure Link Golf Holidays International AllClear House, 1 Redwing Court, Ashton Road, Romford, Essex, RM3 8QQ Tel: 01708 339300. Fax: 01708 339506 Email: email@example.com We aim to agree an amicable settlement in respect of the very few complaints we receive.
- Conditions of Carriage When you travel on an aircraft, train or ship, the conditions of carriage of that apply and are subject to national and international conditions which may limit or exclude liability. Your contract made under the terms of the Fair Trading Agreement is subject to English Law and jurisdiction.
- Other Terms You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the correct departure point at the correct time – we cannot be liable for any loss or expense suffered by passengers because of their late arrival at any departure point. We reserve the unconditional right to refuse a booking or terminate a passenger’s holiday in the event of unreasonable conduct. If you are prevented from travelling because in the opinion of any person in authority you appear to be unfit to travel, or likely to cause discomfort or disturbance to other passengers, our responsibility for your holiday thereupon ceases. Full cancellation charges will apply and we will be under no obligation whatsoever for any refund, compensation or costs you may incur.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
- Your Holiday Includes Price per person on holidays can include a combination of any of the following, subject to your individual request:Return travel to and /or from your chosen airport or port, travel costs, accommodation with board as indicated, green fees, car hire or transfers, travel taxes, port dues and security charges, VAT. Additional services may be included within the package price and will be detailed within the confirmation documentation.
- Pricing Policy There will be no surcharges imposed after you confirm your golf holiday by accepting receipt of the confirmation documentation and have paid your deposit of £50 per person except in the following circumstances: currency exchange rates, fuel prices, transport taxes and governmental action such as an unforeseen increase in VAT. We will absorb the first 2% of any of the above increases.If the increase means paying more than 10% of the holiday price in addition, you will be entitled to cancel your holiday with a full refund (except for any non-refundable travel costs). Should you decide to cancel, this must be done within 14 days of the issue date printed of the invoice detailing such price increase. However we do reserve the right to increase the price of any holiday we feature both in written literature or via our website before you book. Any price changes, both up or down, will be clearly advised to you before you confirm your holiday.
- If we change your Holiday The arrangements for holidays are made months in advance and changes are sometimes unavoidable. Most of these changes are, however, very minor but where they are significant we will notify you as soon as reasonably possible before your departure. A significant change is one that involves changing your departure date, airport, port of departure, time of departure or return by more than 12 hours, resort area, or reducing the grade of your accommodation. In the event of a significant change you may decide to: (a) continue with your holiday as amended, or (b) accept an alternative holiday which we may offer to you. For (a) or (b) we will pay compensation on the scale as shown below.No other claims for compensation or expenses will be considered. Period before departure within which a “significant change” is notified to you. Compensation per person: More than 56 days Nil. 43-56 days £5.00. 29-42 days £10.00. 15-28 days £15.00. 1-14 days £20.00. Special Note: Compensation is not payable where a “significant change” due to reasons beyond our control, such as specified in 4(b).
- If we cancel your Holiday In certain circumstances we may have to cancel your holiday, and if this should occur, we will return to you all the money you have paid to us, or offer you a suitable alternative. However, we will not cancel your holiday after the date when payment of the balance of the holiday price becomes due unless: (a)you have not paid for your holiday in full, or (b)your holiday is influenced by ‘force majeure’, events beyond our control, for example (but not by way of limitation), any of the following: war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, industrial action, natural disasters, fire, epidemics, bad weather, technical problems to transport, the closure of airports or ports, terrorist activities or government action or other similar events beyond our control. We are liable only for any monies you have paid to us at the time of cancellation.
- Financial Bonding Leisure Link Promotions Ltd is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with ”The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992” all passengers booking with Leisure Link Promotions Ltd are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Leisure Link Promotions. This insurance has been arranged by Towergate Chapman Stevens through HCCI International Insurance Company PLC. In the unlikely event of Insolvency you must Inform Claims Settlement Agencies immediately on +44 (0) 1702 427 239 or at submitclaim.co.uk/TDC15. You can also write to them by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at 308-314 London Road, Hadleigh, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 2DD. Please ensure you retain the booking confirmation form as evidence of cover and value. Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid for Travel Insurance or any claim relating to Air Flights. Please ensure the Company you have booked with has the appropriate CAA / ATOL Bonds in place.
- Our Responsibility to you When you book a foreign inclusive holiday with us we accept responsibility in accordance with this paragraph that the holiday is as described and is of a reasonable standard. This is the case whether we are providing it directly or whether we agree with someone else to provide parts of the holiday. This responsibility extends to arrangements in respect to excursions, equipment hire etc. Our responsibility for the Sea crossing or Rail journey shall be limited in accordance with paragraph 6, “Your contract with us”, within the above Fair Trading Agreement.
- Travel The alteration of the airline or aircraft type operating your flights is not a material change and customers will not be specifically advised of such an operational amendment. In all cases the last schedule will be provided on your travel tickets, approximately two weeks prior to departure. Your must arrive at your departure point at the time stated in your documentation. This can vary depending on the carrier with whom you are booked, we recommend that you check this information before in advance. Failure to check in on time will entitle the carrier to refuse check-in which may result in full cancellation charges being levied. If we are able to arrange alternative travel to your resort, all costs incurred in assisting you to travel will be your responsibility.
- Our Delay Policy Should delays occur please ensure you have sufficient funds to pay for any additional expenses as these are your responsibility. We will do everything possible to assist clients faced with delayed departures but we cannot accept liability. All clients are strongly advised to take out Travel Insurance which contains a comprehensive Delay Protection section.
We are committed to your right to privacy. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to our use of such information as set out below. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Leisure Link Promotions Limited.
Personal Information: Collection and storage
We only collect personally identifiable information, such as name, address and email details that you specifically and voluntarily provide to us as a visitor to our website; for example, to send us an enquiry, request information, to make a booking, to enter a competition, to request a brochure or to subscribe to our email newsletter. Personal information submitted by you will be stored on our database. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Use of information
Right of access
You have the legal right to ask us to supply you with a copy of the personal information that we hold about you at any time. You may also make enquiries about the accuracy of personal information previously submitted to us, or request to have information removed or inaccurate information updated.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties: if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets; : if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; : if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personally identifiable information in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or to protect our rights. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Should you have any questions or queries concerning the above please feel free to contact us.